Thursday 2 May 2013

Run 24 - Man those Zombies can run.... but we out ran them..(Delta Nature Reserve)

Distance:10.39 km
Duration:1:34:11
Average Speed:6.62 km/h
Average Pace:9:04 min/km
Calories:1196

That was today.... wow thats a big run however the time is not as important as in the last KM and a bit I cool down and it adjusts my time immensely. Usually Im in the 8 minutes to 8 1/4 mins per KM range. My 2 boxers tend to slow me down a bit as well. When I start out on my run I usually can get into 4 KM in about 24 minutes (6 mins per KM).

One thing that is really bugging me of late is the amount of dogs OFF leash in the areas I run with my dogs. they are leashed areas and should be on leash but apparently the rules do not apply to those people. About 50% of the dogs I encounter off leash usually cause a problem with mine.

Oh where do I run you ask?

Delta Nature Reserve in North Delta.. Its a fantastic place to run or even walk. lots of green and shade and part sun so you dont over heat or get burnt.




Its a marvellous place and you should check it out if you want a nice quiet relaxing walk.

Todays walk went a little further than normal as I wanted to check out some really great neighbourhoods in the vicinity.

If you are going to walk the area around the homes expect lots of hills...

Have a great day.

P.S. this is my boy Han after the 10K very pooped



1 comment: