Wednesday 1 May 2013

Zombies, RUN!

I have started losing weight. In fact I have shed 20 pounds of fat since March 19th. How? I have ran my ass off. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I run with my boxers. Each day averages roughly 8km and just over an hour. To keep interested in doing it each day I have purchased Zombies, Run the application for the Iphone that is turning out pretty awesome. 

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ is the website for the game. While it does have some glitches it really does add to my running experience. I have completed 23 missions so far and have run 145km, for 23 hours and over 15000 calories burnt. I have to say I feel good. 

The application starts you off pretty easy, you are in a helicopter and on your way to one of the last outposts of human existence in England when your Chopper gets shot down and you have to Run from the Zombies to get to safety. You meet people on the way, bad and good and have missions you need to run to collect supplies for your town and its people. It has twists and turns and does not get boring, the voice actors have done a really nice job keep it fresh and interesting and you get "cliffhangers" in some episodes. 

One thing that has been bugging me of late is my knee has not been taking well to the heavy pounding of what used to be 250 pounds... now Im at 230 pounds however the toll has been taken. I have used a support neopreen brace which proved ineffective and now I just wrap it with a standard bandage wrap which seems to give it more support than I thought it would. 

Im also trying something different... Humic Health Soil Enhancer.. 

http://cascadianplantfood.com/humic_health.htm

you may think what the hell is that? Well its really Magic Dirt :D. 

the wikipedia entry reads as 

Humic acid is a principal component of humic substances, which are the major organic constituents of soil (humus), peat, coal, many upland streams, dystrophic lakes, and oceanwater

 

I like it as Magic Dirt, my brother says it helps heal his cuts in 1/4 the time than any polysporin or cream. I have taken it for 2 days and unlike taking vitamins that make your urine go neon yellow this Magic Dirt (and it is dirt) makes mine looks as clear as the Queen Charlotte Islands water... I take 1 teaspoon with 2 glasses of water (1 to originally take it and another glass to wash it down as it is kind of  chunky and doesnt taste great) 

Im going to try this for a while and see if I notice any magical Wolverine healing properties... but if I grow and extra limb Im going to have a talk with my bro.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment